Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunday. Market day.

I do not need another tablet.
I do not need another tablet.
I do not need another tablet.
I do not need another tablet.
I do not need another tablet.

I need to keep telling myself this. Over and over again. I need it tattooed in reverse on my forehead so I see it in the mirror, and written on my hands. I need to rearrange the keys on my keyboard so they spell this out. I need it scrolling along the taskbar.

Anyways, the market. It was stinking hot. Well, low 30s. I wasn't too bad except for me feet - I had sneakers on because apparently I have bunions, which is why I can't wear sandals, but Helen was really feeling the heat, and the car was like an oven when we put stuff in there at the end of the day.

The 8am wakeup was nasty for me, since I'd been up till about 4 getting the monsters finished, but that's just as well, since they were the biggest sellers. A couple of the other ladies who had toys said they were underpriced at $8 each, but they were made to be cheap things that people would buy, so I guess they achieved their purpose. I only brought 3 home with me, Alex, (dark green/blue dots, one eye) who I decided I was in love with and needed to keep, Weirdo (the really tall blue one) and Devon (the yellow one) 

About half of the tissue pouches sold as did a few of the random laptop sleeves I made about a year ago, but only one quilt to my Aunt Liz - The Retro Bright (#20) Still, that put total sales at about $190, and I had told myself that if I made $200 I'd buy myself a tablet.

That's cutting it pretty fine, and I knew that when we packed up for the day, so I demanded that Helen come with me to Spotlight (because she had another one of the $40 off vouchers, and she gets the addiction) and I figured if I spent some of it straight away it would be harder to convince myself that it was okay to buy yet another not entirely necessary computer. Helen went home after picking a couple of things and I put them through with mine after I'd picked it all - some more of the drill I used for my handbag (because I am in love) some more of the off white homespun (because it was cheap) and a lot of hot pink satin backed crepe, because at some point in the near future I need to make myself an outfit for the work Christmas show.

I'm gunna have a couple of days off from sewing though. Well, definitely tonight anyway.

Actually, I'm gunna go to bed early...

Like, right now.

3 comments:

  1. So would you do it again? $190.00 is a pretty good effort I think. I've been toying with the idea of a market stall for November next year but it sounds like a lot of work!

    You need to open a "Made It " shop to sell and showcase your quilts.

    I'm off to Spotlight this morning. In my entire stash I cant find anything that goes with a quilt I finished yesterday for the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara I hope you havnt done any online shopping over night, YOU DONT NEED A TABLET!
    I think you enjoyed the market and people telling you how beautifull things were and how clever you are, well why wouldnt you......its all correct. Monsters went down a treat so at least you know you did something right. Im thinking they could do the trick at the mini me market. You should try at least one more time. Who knows the new tablet may be arriving sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $190 sounds great! I hope you have the will power not to buy that un-needed tablet :-) I seriously love those monsters you made!

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete