Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Y'all.

Work was very quiet and dull (I spent most of my shift checking the use-by dates on the impulse racks. There was a lot of out-of-date stuff.) Afterwards we went and looked at the christmas lights. Maddy fell asleep in the car, and Mum and I put out the presents. After everyone went to bed I wrapped the last of mine and put them out in the lounge, then I went online looking for this so I could post it.


And then I spent 2 hours going through 1-640 of 838 comics, so now it really is 3am. And no, I didn't break out the sewing machine today.

The strange thing though, and I think this most Christmases, is that for most of the world, it's not even almost Christmas. The west coast of America for instance, hasn't even opened for business yesterday morning yet. They've still got at least 15 hours before Santa comes, and by then I'll be trying to conceive escape routes and wishing I had moved away.
Last year was the first Christmas since I was a small child that I truly enjoyed. Sitting in the backyard around a fire, Wikipediaing information on sphincter valves because my father and uncles were drunk, and wanted to know. There were no fights, no shouting matches, or everyone accusing everyone else of trying to one-up each other. It was lovely. 

I hope that wherever you are, and whenever you get around to it, your Christmas this year is as good as mine was last year. And that mine is too.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas morning Sara.

    I'm up at my usual ungodly hour and will be chucking salads together shortly. Im still waiting for the rest of the bums in this house to wake up. I want my presents dammit!

    I hope your day is as wonderful as you're wishing for.

    ReplyDelete