Friday, November 19, 2010

Even though I haven't sewn anything since I got home, I made a fair bit of progress before work tonight. I decided I may as well give the flanelette a test with the pastle retro quilt, which I took a photo of finally tonight after it had been quilted.


It's a bit bland, I know, but hey. I'm sure someone wants a simple, pretty, girlie, slightly bland quilt, and it's just the thing for them.

I also got the blue and brown baby quilt done too, finally, although I had to use a random piece of batting I had which was a bit narrower than the actual quilt top, which is a bit annoying. Still, the quilting came up very nice.


Excuse the cat. It does that. I liked the unstructured zigzag I did with the blue and green quilt and I decided to give it a go in the other direction. It changes randomly at each straight seam, some going parallel, some going towards each other or away from each other, and I haven't washed it yet, but so far I'm loving it.

And then, tonight, because I was feeling good about today's progress, even though I said I wouldn't, I made up another half a dozen bundles for mini quilts.







Every second one is boy safe, so I think I'm gunna focus on those ones first. I feel good about the piecing (obviously) and today's quilting upped my spirits, and best of all, binding is still a while away.

I really don't like binding, and piecing and quilting this lot will let me put off binding today's work.

I'm gunna need more batting though.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love those bundles you've put together! And the top quilt isn't "bland," it's "gentle" & "sweet."

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sara Im with Meagan, the flanellete is beautifull and from here on will be known as "Gentle & Sweet" The new piles look awsome Im feeling the love for them all. Love the Zig zag to, those are my favourite combination of colours, they always look smart together.
    The Ginger Ninja and Esther send their love

    ReplyDelete