Looks bloody awesome.
But yeah, it was a bitch. the mixed fabric issues only got worse - I did the rainbow-on-the-outside blocks first and they all skipped a couple of stitches when they hit the seam, which I dealt with by holding the fabric in place for a few stitches, but when I did the black-on-the-outside ones, none of the stitches at the ends would work. My machine is ancient but I had a new needle on and good thread, so I'm bummed if I know why it was being such a cow. I got it to work if I was pulling it taught, so I had to start in the middle of each block and work my way to the end. Took way longer than it should have.
If anyone wants to know the story of this quilt, I'll just say it was of the horror genre.
I bought the rest of the bolt from Spotlight today though, so I can remake it for me, with homespun black, and many happier memories.
I start work in 8 1/2 hours.
Ergh. I'd rather be making pretty stuff.