Monday, November 15, 2010

The Awesome Quilt Top of Awesomeness


Looks bloody awesome.

But yeah, it was a bitch. the mixed fabric issues only got worse - I did the rainbow-on-the-outside blocks first and they all skipped a couple of stitches when they hit the seam, which I dealt with by holding the fabric in place for a few stitches, but when I did the black-on-the-outside ones, none of the stitches at the ends would work. My machine is ancient but I had a new needle on and good thread, so I'm bummed if I know why it was being such a cow. I got it to work if I was pulling it taught, so I had to start in the middle of each block and work my way to the end. Took way longer than it should have.

If anyone wants to know the story of this quilt, I'll just say it was of the horror genre.

I bought the rest of the bolt from Spotlight today though, so I can remake it for me, with homespun black, and many happier memories.

I start work in 8 1/2 hours.

Ergh. I'd rather be making pretty stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, cant wait to see it finished, the trauma of making it makes must make up for the satisfaction of how it looks. I went to Spotlight yesterday for some hem tape and velcro and some felt to make donuts, Maddy then convinced me I needed some printed flannellette because it was 99 cents a metre, she had waited all weekend to tell me that and nearly cried last week because I didnt go into the store and she missed me. Of course I got sucked in and bought some more so bye bye another $50.

    ReplyDelete