Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh, how I missed you...

It's weird what you miss out on not having a car. It's not especially hard to get people to take you to the post office every day (though I continue to be disappointed) but I have very much cut back on fast food. I've been having the occasional Red Rooster, on days when I actually have cash, since it's on the way between home and work, but, for the first time in what feels like ages, tonight, I had KFC.

I love KFC. Its no exaggeration to say that, more than once, I have eaten it every day of the week. Especially handy is the fact that you can drive there from work in about 2 minutes, encountering no main roads or difficult intersections on the way. But that doesn't mean much if you don't have a car. Yes you can drive there in 2 minutes, but to walk would take about 20, due to the big hill in the middle, and it's always slower instore than it is through the drivethrough. So I don't. This I suppose, is good for my health and my bank balance, but it makes my tastebuds sad. Because KFC nuggets, good ones, that are crunchy on the outside, with the chicken in the middle being slightly dry, are one of my top ten tastes in the world. Good KFC chips, that have lots of salt, would also be up there.

I don't have a sophisticated palate. I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment