Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An ode to the classics...

I've put the Retro and BlueGreen quilts in the wash so that they're nice and clean to take into Spotlight tomorrow, as well as the pretty little new one, so for the first time in ages I can see my first quilt again. I'd forgotten how pretty and bright and rainbow it is, and how well most of the corners match up, and how good my in-the-ditch was, especially considering that it was my first and that I did it in 10 days, or more specifically nights. Yes the smaller ones may look more conventionally quilt-y but the rainbow one is, and always will be, so very me. But I didn't pre-wash any of it, so it cant go on the top of the bed where it will get all dirtied by the cats, and so I don't get to admire it as often as I should. Maybe when I do my room re-organise next week I'll try and work out a way to fit it up on the wall instead.

I have to go to work now. Only a short one, thankfully, and then I get 2 days off before the weekend, so it's not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment