Saturday, September 18, 2010

I found this on the internets...

Ten good reasons to buy fabric

It insulates the cupboard where it is kept.

It keeps the economy moving. By buying fabric you are supporting cotton farmers, textile mills and fabric shops.

It is less expensive and more fun than psychiatric care.

It keeps without refrigeration, you don't have to cook it to enjoy it, you'll never have to feed it, change it, wipe it's nose or walk it.

Because I'm worth it.

Like dust, it's good for protecting precariously empty spaces in the house, like the ironing board, the laundry basket and the dining room table.

It's not immoral, illegal or fattening. and it calms the nerves, gratifies the soul and makes you feel good.

Because it's on sale.

Because at some point in the future your husband will retire and you wont be able to afford any more.

Because we are all participating in a contest - the one with the most fabric wins.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sara your on a winner there, thats very funny and all very true.
    Personally I got another fix today, Tillie & I went to Stich & knit and drooled over a lot of very pretty fabric. Then a bit later I went Spotlighting to get some white fabric for my re-found project, there was also a bunch of quilting fabrics that had been reduced to $6 & $8 a metre, there were 2 I wanted and when I got to the counter & she rung it up on the register, those two fabrics were half price again so as far as Im concerned I nearly got them for free. If I knew they were half the marked price I would have bought a heap more, I may have to go back tomorow for another shot in the arm.
    I also ran into Susan today, she is still interested in a quilt, she has school holidays soon, she has no idea what she wants, I sugested she goes Spotlighting with you to perhaps get an idea of fabrics she likes, I will keep you posted.
    Also when in the library today I see they are trying to start an art & craft market in the summer, $25 for a spot which I thought was a bit expensive but I reckon it would pull a good crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I liked it. Not quite so much the husband one, but maybe one day my parents will force me to move out or something...

    I can't remember what that market at Tenison cost but I think that was a fair bit too. That said, I have a few overdues at the library (from probably 4 years ago now) so I'm not sure they'd let me back into the building... Is it a once off thing or are they gunna try make it regular over the summer do you know?

    ReplyDelete