Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hmmmm...

On my laptop, the touchscreen overrides the touchpad. This is handy when there's a cat sitting on my keyboard, as that seems to stop the touchpad from working. However, there is a problem.

Babycat's paws also work on the touchscreen.

I don't think Honeycat's did/do. That said, since she's so much bigger, she really needs to keep all four paws down to avoid toppling, whereas Babycat is still small enough to paw comfortably at the screen.

I've been casually looking for some kind of program that will stop my keyboard working, or lock it... like, put it to tablet settings while it's still open, so I can just use the touchscreen keyboard and not worry about what the cats are doing on the real one. But if Babycat is activating the screen controls as well that make this a lot less useful.

What I really need is cats that are less interested in sitting on my keyboard.

And while we're at it, it would be nice if they were less interested in my neatly cut fabric pieces, my sewing machine and its foot pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment